January 12, 2010

Weather Woes...

A fellow blogger commented on my Year of Adventures in Midlife project and wanted to know how I came up with the ideas.
Hmmm...I guess I didn't really have an official plan, which started me thinking about this week's upcoming escapade.

The original plan for this week was to take the hot air balloon ride over Houston, which was also last week's plan. Of course, the freezing temperatures and wind grounded me, and wouldn't you know it, the forecast this weekend is rain, rain, rain! Maybe that balloon just isn't going to fly!


I used to be a big planner. Everything had to fit inside my very small box of what life should be like. When I hit 40, I began to see the world from a different set of glasses. Things hadn't turned out like I thought they should, and so I began a journey of remembering who I was before life happened and re-inventing the way I lived it.

Now I'm not much of a planner. I sort of fly by the seat of my pants which has its advantages and disadvantages I suppose. I set some goals for myself, but I have decided to enjoy the ride along the way. And that is the way I have approached this year of adventures in midlife. We'll see how it goes.
 John Lennon said it best - Life is what happens to us while we're too busy making other plans. 



Looks like I might have to take the adventure indoors this time. 









No comments:

Post a Comment