September 27, 2011

Let's Face it!

I've always been lucky to have inherited my Grandmother's beautiful skin. Words can't express how grateful I am now for those genes, but during my teen years, I could have cared less. And it was only a few years ago that I started paying attention to products for the face.

In a past blog I wrote about Olay's line filling miracle cream. Well, move over Olay. Sisely of Paris has entered the room! I was introduced to their night cream by accident after spending a certain amount of money at Neiman Marcus and receiving the complimentary gift.

The cashier handed me my new leopard print bag, the free gift when you spent $100, and told me how much I was going to enjoy the samples inside. Okay, I thought to myself. A few perfume testers, a tube of lipstick, a moisturizer packet...yeah, yeah.

When I got into my car, the anticipation was just too much. I was a kid in a candy store. So, I pulled out the variety of freebies and began sorting through the delicious choices right there in my car. I almost missed the fifteen minute window for getting out of the parking lot with my paid parking ticket.

The inventory of the bag was really quite impressive. Prada, Givency...but the best sample had to be Sisley's anti-aging night cream. Later that evening, I decided to try it out. I washed my face, opened the miniature gold tube, squeezed out a small amount and applied it to my face. Within seconds I could feel the effects of the cream working. My skin tightened in all the right places and the cream was not only smooth, but it smelled great.

Like most of us today looking for information about something, I Googled Sisley to find out how much this was going to cost me. Are you sitting down? Because I was and I still almost passed out from sticker shock. For a mere $775 you can purchase a 1.7 ounce supply of this heavenly manna. And the disclaimer read...there is a six per customer limit. Really?

Needless to say, I won't be purchasing that product until my singles profile on Millionaire Match attracts a sugar daddy. In the meantime, I did find some on sale on eBay. Cost...$27 and free shipping for three sample size tubes. But I'm worth it!



This is what I found inside: nside I found perfume samples from Prada and Givency.

No comments:

Post a Comment